www.thebiofile.com

Biofile with Agent Jimmy Sexton

Published by on September 14, 2011 filed under BioFiles   ·   Comments (10)
JimmySexton
Biofile with Agent Jimmy Sexton  | read this item

Status: Sports agent based out of Memphis, TN. Some of his clients include Bill Parcells, Isaac Bruce, Patrick Ramsey, Corliss Williamson, Horace Grant, Aaron Glenn and Jason Sehorn.

DOB: August 22, 1963 In: Fort Walton Beach, Florida

Hobbies/Interests: “Play golf, time with family.”

Favorite Movie: “Top Gun.”

Musical Tastes: “I like all different kinds, R&B, all country, old Motown, Isaac Hayes.”

Favorite TV Show: “SportsCenter.”

Favorite Book: “The Bible.”

Early Career Memory: “I was a sophomore in college (1984). My suitemate was Reggie White. I worked as a manager for the Tennessee football team. The USFL paid my way to go to the Hula Bowl, to keep an eye on Reggie White because they were interested in signing him. At the end of that week, he signed with the Memphis Showboats of the USFL and said I was his agent. I was 20-years-old. It was (a contract for) over a million dollars…a five-year contract for $5.5 million. At the time, the highest-paid defensive player in the NFL was $400,000. So it was huge. It was what they offered.”

Favorite Meal: “Cheeseburger, fries [smiles].”

Favorite Ice Cream Flavor: “Chocolate.”

Funny Career Memory: “The funniest…I really can’t talk about some of the crazy stories players deal with in their every day lives. (Pause) I had a player one time who was getting married, who was worth a decent amount of money. We discussed a pre-nuptial agreement. He told me we had no need for this, he and his future wife were in love. Then, after a week after his honeymoon, he got into a huge fight with her. Three o’clock in the morning my phone rang. He told me as soon as I get in the office in the morning, to draw up that pre-nuptial agreement. By then it was too late [smiles].”

Childhood Dream: “I probably wanted to be a trial lawyer (prosecutor), as a kid.”

Greatest Career Moment: “Probably when the players you’re close to, that you represent for a long time…finally win a championship. Like when Scottie Pippen won a championship with Chicago (’91). Reggie White and Green Bay down in New Orleans (’97). Another big moment was when Reggie White went to Green Bay (’93).”

Most Painful Moment: “Probably last year. It might sound crazy…Jason Witten, a kid we got out of Tennessee, he came out early as a junior. He was supposed to be a first or second rounder last year. He went in the third round. And it magnifies. You don’t want a player who comes out early to fall.”

Favorite Vacation Spot: “Destin, Florida.

People Qualities Most Admired: “Honesty, integrity and most of all, loyalty.”

Family: Wife, Kris; sons, James, Parker, Blake.

• Share/Bookmark

Topics: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. Marc Fernandez says:

I have some information you may be interested in regarding some shady stickers from a company and defaming Tim Tebow. I am sure he would not want to be associated with this product.

2. J. Cummings says:

Dear Mr. Sexton and Staff. I am a Disabled American Veteran and I have something to share with you and your agency. I have contacted Professionals such as Emitt Smith, Deion Saunders, Fox Sports and the William Morris Agency just to name a few. In all the correspondence I received all the roads pointed back to you. I apologize for my persistence but winners never quit and quitters never win! All I’m asking for is just one minute of your time to change the lives of so many… I can be contacted at 804-695-7913. Thank you.

3. Gayle Pace says:

Mr. Sexton,
    I am a friend of one of Coach Parcell’s players while at Dalla. He would like to get in contact with Coach Parcell’s and you are my first and only link. If there is any way you can help I can be reached at the above Email address. Thanking you in advance, Gayle Pace 251-344-1458

4. Chad Peny says:

Mr. Sexton,
    99% of men of your class would not respond to a message of this caliber, but odds are odds because one can always beat them. I’m commenting on this to ask for your services. I’m a huge fan of your client Tim Tebow. That’s an understatement. I love Tebow and what he stands for. We have a annual dodgeball tournament coming up in January and to have Tim play on the same team as myself would be simply unreal. I describe it as unreal because generically no agent would respond to it, making it virtually unreal. We wouldn’t only win the tournament, but an impact would be made on so many lives. It’s a win win , and will only take one Friday night in January. Contact at 609-402-1463

5. Piara Jones Vales says:

Dear Mr. Jimmy Sexton,
    I have been in love with sports my whole life. I’m in school to be a paralegal I graduate in Dec. I would like some’s advice am I on the right track to becoming a sports agent.

6. Derek says:

Hello Mr Sexton,

I think I can speak for many people all across this great counrty when I say, “Please get Tim Tebow on a team that will start him.”

He was a great inspiration to all football fans (I’ve lived in Minnesota my whole life) and the greatest story of last season. Now he’s playing for a team (and fans) that could care less.

Do what you can to make my football season enjoyable again.

thanks!

7. G. Truett Stansell says:

Jimmie,just a note from an old family friend. Ourgrandson, Ian Thompson,a rising senioratUL/Lafayette .No. 85,has been contacted byAgents.I will just say that he has a reputation as the hardest worker on the team!We wishyou in all of your endeavors,and Gods Blessings.

8. Looking to contact Tim Tebow to endorse 1st of its kind cutting edge QB training tool. He’s looking in all the wrong loactions to change his mechanics. I have his answer. Its about to go to market. Pattent already underway with manufacturer on board.
    Regards,
    Steve Gregory
    National Private QB Coach
    630-862-8082

9. Gary Schneider says:

Hi Mr. Jimmy Sexton. I know you must get millions of these. I live in Canada. Just a simple yes or no will suffice. This is mid-August. Are there any NFL teams currently showing some interest in Tim Tebow?
    Gary

10. Dustin Cook says:

Inquiring about cost for photograph with Coach Saban for a marketing flyer.

Scoop Malinowski

You May Have Read The BioFile

You may have read Biofiles in such publications as: Tennis, Hockey Digest, NASCAR Nextell Cup Scene, MLB.com, The Sporting News, The Daily Racing Form, The New York Post, New York Daily News, Eastsideboxing.com, Boxingtalk.com, Tennisweek.com, Tennis Week, Track & Field News, New York Giants publications, New York Sportscene, The Daily Record, Seattle Post Intelligencer, Orange Country (CA) Register, World Boxing, Boxing Digest, Boxing 2003, Boxing Update, Wrestling Digest, DirecTV Guide, Mets Inside Pitch, Reds Report, Full Contact Fighter, DIEHARD, Giants Insider, Jets Confidential, College & Pro Football Newsweekly, The Fist, World Boxing Japan, Boxinginsider.com, Tennisweek.com, NYSportsDay.com, Blueshirt Bulletin Magazine etc.

Scoop’s Book »